Jan’s first career had more than two decades of success in marketing, communications and public relations. As an entrepeneur, she owned an accredited advertising agency and produced both television shows and international events. In 1997, Jan was elected Co-President of Canadian Business for Social Responsibility. Her integrity as a successful business owner, working with some of Canada’s largest corporations, earned Jan a prestrigious nomination by BCTel, for an Ethics in Action Award, in 1999.
These achievements all came to pass while experiencing life-changing health challenges that would have incapacitated or limited most people from similar career pursuits. Instead, these challenges motivated and prompted Jan to become a successful health coach, inspirational speaker and published author. As a result, Jan’s second career began in 2001 and has made a positive and dramatic impact on the lives of hundreds of individuals.
Jan’s life story was selected as one of 26 inspirational authors from around the world to be profiled in a book “Life Choices: Pursuing Your Passion“, launched in Las Vegas in 2010. This publishing introduced her to the world as a ‘medical pioneer’ and her keynote topic in Nevada- Health: By Choice or By Chance attracted many to request her support & research for their personal health or that of a loved one.
If you would welcome support with regards to Nutrition & Weight Management, Disease Prevention, Stress and/or Pain Reduction, please contact Jan to schedule your complimentary introductory session. If creating Work/Life Balance is something you deeply need, be sure to speak with her about that too.
CERTIFICATIONS/TRAINING & MEMBERSHIP:
- Certified Nutrition & Health Advisor – Sanoviv Medical Institute
- Certified Pain Management Technician – Thorp Institute of Integrated Medicine aka IntellBio
- Electro-Acuscope/Myopulse & Electro-Equiscope owner and sales representative – Thorp Institute & Intelligent Bioenergetics Inc.
- InnerMBA Graduate – Mindful NYU, SoundsTrue, LinkedIn, Wisdom 2.0
- M.B.S.R. – Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction – studied under Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1994 at Omega Institute (Rhinebeck, NY), and with certified UCSD Qualified Teacher
- smartUBC Graduate – Stress Management and Resiliancy Training program
- Palouse online Mindfulness Meditation training graduate
- Advanced Communicator in Toastmasters International: Professional Speaker
- Published author in five books
- Kelowna Chamber of Commerce member since 1999
Jan is happily married to Martin Mills, a retired professional golfer, personal trainer and entrepreneur. They share mutual passions for music, travel, holistic health and enjoy creating meals that are delicious and nutritious. Check out his video making our morning shakes.🙂